Sunday, March 15, 2009

Solution for Windows XP pro Cannot show hidden file

I am using Windows XP Pro, recently my friend pass me a thumb-drive with Hidden files.
As normal, I went to the File-Options to turn on the "Show Hidden Files", no matter how many time i tried, my Windows XP Pro keep reset it back to "Do not show hidden files and folders", I have no idea of what is happening to my Windows... and here is the solutions that i found from the internet

Step 1, click on your "start" button, and select "Run..."
Step 2, type "regedit" (without the double-quote), and press Enter key.
Step 3, you are in the Registry Editor now, follow the following instruction

a) Go to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

b) DELETE the value CheckedValue in the right window.

c) Now create a new DWORD value called CheckedValue (same as above with the type of REG_DWORD). Modify the value data to 1 (0x00000001).

This should let you change the "Hidden Files and Folders" option.

Hope this help :)

No comments: